- Common Name: Japanese Maple
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing, Sheltered
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, Acid, Neutral
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of the UK and Northern Europe
- Habit: Deciduous, Columnar, Upright
- Height & Spread: 300cm × 300cm
A vigorous, mound-forming, deciduous shrub with arching branches bearing lobed, finely cut foliage, bright green to start and turning shades of red in autumn. In spring it bears pendant clusters of tiny, reddish-purple flowers followed by red winged fruit in summer.
Acer palmatum 'Emerald Lace' (D)